If I lived in a snowglobe...

One of my favorite things about being an educator is teaching children how to write. Not so much in the letter formation way (although that can be super fun as well!) but more so how it allows me to connect with my students. Through their writing, I feel like I am always learning more about them- who they are, what they love, and the things that mean the most to them!

Writing was always my favorite subject growing up and although I've made the jump from 'student' to 'teacher', my love of writing hasn't changed a bit. Writing allows students to showcase their fabulous imaginations, demonstrate and share their creativity, as well as express themselves through their written output. With my current superstars, we do a lot of prompt writing to get our wonderful brains thinking about a particular topic, subject, idea, etc. I've also found that I can seamlessly incorporate the mechanics of writing [like capitalization and punctuation] when they are excited about what they're working on.

Our latest prompt, found us living inside a snow globe...and with the wintery weather we've been experiencing here in Massachusetts, it wasn't that much of a stretch! : )


*My students also requested that I record my own clip for our video- so with their help and guidance on what I should say, I joined in on the fun! Thank you so much to Mrs. Baker for recording us! : )


No comments

Back to Top